We just listened to the The Mindvalley Podcast with Vishen Lakhiani featuring Dr. Kristen Willeumier, a super engaging neuroscientist. Dr. Willeumier talked about her book, Biohack your Brain: How to Boost Cognitive Health, Performance & Power, who doesn’t need this right now?! We love the information in the book, it is definitely a good read. For the quick 101, listen to the podcast, she talks about 10 small actions we can take every day to boost our brain power. What are they?
- Exercise for 10 minutes first thing in the morning
- Eat 1-2 cups of antioxidant berries each week
- Eat a square of dark chocolate–everyday!
- Visualize your day, take a few minutes and think about what you want for the day
- Use aromatherapy as a way to calm your anxiety and improve your mood
- Write with your non-dominant hand
- Create 10 minutes of white space
- Learn a new word each day
- Write down something you are thankful for–practice gratitude
- Sit up straight
Even when we are given the how-to-do-it, it can be hard to incorporate another to-do into our busy day. If this is how you are feeling, don’t feel like you have to do everything on the list–pick something you can do while you’re on a video call–#10 is an easy one!
Get your kids involved, let them pick the word of the day and see how hard it is to write with your non-dominant hand–this also makes for a good laugh session together!
See #5, a little Lilac 11 is just what the doctor prescribed. And, our favorite, #4, visualize your day and what you want to see happen. It’s amazing to realize the power of the mind and if you set the course, it will follow.
Breathe and enjoy the day!